About Dr. Vivek Bansod
Dr. Vivek bansod is a renowned Harmonium accompanist. In last few years, however, he has developed new and innovative techniques of solo performance. He has given many solo performance, and has delighted and held spellbound his audiences with his own classic distinct style. H naturally learned the instrument harmonium on his own in childhood. he was trained in vocal music by Baba Saheb Kauthekar & P.V> navsalkar. he is received guidance and encourangement from Pt. bapu Rao Agnihotri(Indore) for 30Years. Presently he is a disciple of Dr. Vidhyadhar Oke, Mumbai.
He has accompained Pt. Rajan Sajan Mishra, pt. jagdish Prasad, Balasaheb Puchwale, Pt. Ajay Pohankar, Gukulotsav maharaj,Prabhakar Karekar, Smt. Girija Devi, Smt. Vasundhara Komkali, Arti Anklikar, Ashwini Bhide, Shruti Sadolikar, Devki pandit, Asha Khadilkar and manuy more renound and young assists.
He has also participated in more than 100 programs of Hindi / Marathi light music. He played Organ with Marathi Natya Sangeet. He has developed a special skill in tuning the Harmonium, which has been appreciated by all leading musicians.
He has with him a set of Harmoniums each specially tuned to a particular pitch and is very keen to use these especially tuned Harmoniums in every program he participated. He has accompanied in Tansen Samaroh-Gwalior, Amir khan Samaroh-Indore, Kalidas Samaroh-Ujjain, Kumar Gandharva Samaroh- Dewas, Allauiddin Samaroh-Maihar and other concerts throughout India.
He has awarded Vikramaditya Puruskar for instrumentation by Govt of M.P. He is B-High Grade artist in Harmonium of Akashvani,India.
Dr. Bansod also performs Harikirtan. He performed Kiartan and Pipe Hormonium at South Africa in 2012, at Singapore in 2015.
- Besides Music, Vivek Bansod has a brilliant academic career.
- He has a Doctorate in Mechanical Engineering & at present he is Director of Mahakal Institute of Technology, Ujjain.
- A leading Technical Educational Institute of Madhya Pradesh.
- He gives lectures and demonstration on 22 shrutis and 22 shruti harmonium in various music colleges, universities and conferences/ seminars/ workshops.
- He has visited Abroad to South Africa and Singapore for his performance. >